Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Desperate times call for desperate measures

I can't believe it's been almost a week since I last posted--I kept telling my person, but did she listen? No, of course not. New classes have started at the training kennel where my people take us and, would you believe it, of the five dogs in my house, I am the ONLY one the people didn't enroll in a class.

"We're taking you to another training place for agility since you're a little more advanced,"
they said. "You've had the most classes of any of the dogs," they said. "Your goofy little brother Hamish looks like a dunce since we haven't taught him much," they said. "Rafe needs some basic obedience," they said. "You still have herding on Thursdays and flyball on Sundays," they said.

Do you think I believe any of it? I *love* training classes and I *love* the training kennel. I'm sure this means my people don't *love* me. Plus, Rafe keeps looking at me and goofy Hamish keeps barking loudly which prompts the people to say "Quiet, Quiet" (I don't know why they think that command means anything to any of us).

So, today, I'm once again distressed and distraught at the people. Last night, just to show my feelings, I rooted around in one of their studies and came up with a paltry Priority Mail box to chew. It's like something Hamish would think of and really pretty far below my normal fare--hardly even worth the bother. (Dear Maximillian the Valiant, my people have been thwarting my every attempt at delectables from the counters. I almost had a muffin this morning, but alas, I was caught before I could make off with it).

Although not my usual challenge, I had resigned myself to the priority mail box when suddenly Rafe appeared from around the corner. In my utter distraction, I lost hold of the box and away it tumbled.















My people didn't even try to make amends by taking down that embarrassing baby gate and getting it back for me.







Honestly, friends, I don't know where this is all leading. I heard a rumor last night that our herding lessons have been canceled this week because the instructor is "breeding" one of her dogs and has to go somewhere to meet the boy dog. They didn't take us to flyball practice on Sunday either--something about needing to clean the house.

On a positive note, I also heard my people talking about a "Border Collie picnic" this coming Saturday, so I'm hoping that will turn out to be something good. They also agreed with each other that if we missed flyball last Sunday, we'd go this coming Sunday.

On flyball, I'm still just working on improving my turn on the right. It's coming along and I have to admit, I have fun doing it. Plus, who can knock the treats and the one-on-one attention?

Today's picture from the Pippin Puppy Archive
The first picture of my ear standing up.




4 comments:

JustMeCopper said...

Hey Pippin, sorry about the box. I like to chew on emery boards, if I can get ahold of them. Have you every tried them? I love your ear that stands up by the way.

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

Oh look at mini you!

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Freda said...

Hey Pippin,

Ruff! Freda here. Cooool blog. Cute Pippin the Puppy photos. Found you on http://www.dogswithblogs.com.au/ like some other smart canines.

Those baby gates ARE embarrassing! I had to occasionally tolerate one of them when I was visitin' my GMom and GDad. Oh, the dogmanity! I guess it did help me from dartin' out the front door and into the street a couple of times.

I like your Lesson for the Day.

Will be interested in your progess in learnin't that agility stuff. Have you met Splash at http://splashtrainingdiary.
blogspot.com/
? Another agility dog.

I'm a real house dog and am not too active until I see a LWD (Little White Dog). Then I'm reeeeally fast! Lunch time!!

Woof!

Freda

Maximillian the Valliant said...

Well My Little Diva,

Bad luck on the muffin and box. Especially since I believe one of your humans is particularly "bakey." I myself took advange of some abandoned meatloaf tonight. You probably wouldn't have liked it. I know your preferences lean more toward the sweet, like yourself.

Ah the border collie picnic. I must say that after two years I'm glad I won't be attending this year. While I am a handsome tri male, I found all that black and white running around was a bit off the deep end. I mean REALLY, how many border collie's does it take to retrieve a frisbee? And as none of you took any notice of my advice in how to correctly retrieve a frisbee, what is the point?

Maximillian the Valiant