Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Guest bloggers

After almost three years of blogging, I'm starting to face some unhappy packmates, who believe it is unfair that the humans will channel me but not them. I have been able to ameliorate the discontent through strategic sharing of counter loot, cute butt wiggles and relinquishment of prized toys. However, the voices of unhappiness have finally reached the people's ears.

Last night, the people and I sat down for some power negotiations. They plied me with cookies and lots of lovin'. With promises of solo walks, ball playing and a revved up training schedule for me, they suggested that maybe some of my packmates could guest blog on occassion. I held a firm line about the solo walks and added the following requests:

1) My entries must still be double the total number of guest blogs
2) No more toddlers for a period equal to that of the guest blogging
3) All posts by Rafe must be o.k'ed by me first
4) I will always be enrolled in the most training classes at any given time
5). For every occassion in which something yummy has been baked or cooked, I get at least one.
6) The counters will be freshly stocked with challenging and delicious items daily
7) I get to be first for herding, walks and ball-play
8) I will not be brushed, combed, bathed, have my toenails clipped, my teeth brushed or my ears cleaned without advance notice and prior written consent
9) I, and I alone, reserve the right to wipe my face on the people's bed
10) Any snarking that occurs between me and another dog will be immediately recognized as the other dog's fault.

The people drove a hard bargain. They tried to claim that they do the primary labor of the blog and so should have equal say in what happens here. I scoffed at that claim. I mean, really. The negotiations went on into the night and I thought we might have to call in an arbitration, but finally, we reached an agreement, the terms of which can not be revealed by either party or the agreement will be null and void.

As part of the agreement, I conceded to formally introduce the new guest bloggers. Please join me in wishing them all well.

Clockwise from left to right:

1. My goofy little brother, Hamish Braeburn Moy
2. The oaf-puppy, Rafe-a-roni, the last to learn to "sit", suggesting a generally diminished intellect.
3. Resident non-B.C., all around good boy and my buddy, Renzo Linguini, A.K.A. Sir Barks-a-lot
4. Gracious and very humble Pippin Noodle Moy (me)
5. Tiny Tansy-cake, my dear rescued gal pal, the only girl I've never had to put in her place.

Lesson for today
Heaven help us all

5 comments:

Boomer and his mom Carol said...

You will be in my prayers Pip. Hey, at least your blog wasn't taken over by a cat like mine. At least he thinks he took it over.

The Army of Four said...

It's nice of you to share, Pippin! And I salute your negotiating skills!
Tail wags,
Storms

Anonymous said...

GR8!

RAFE

Maximillian the Valliant said...

Hey Pip,

I would demand a recount. There must be some chads in there somewhere...

Don't let the other take over, they'll just say bad things behind your back like my sissy, Lily.
M-the-V

Unknown said...

Pippin, how I so await the musings of your enchanting sister Tansy!

And while you may be just when you pronounce we humans dull-witted simpletons, surely you acknowledge that your servants are two of the finer examples of the species?

Deb