Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Bath: Not Fun But Okay

Rafe here. Had a bath last night. (Amber, you wrote too late. Thanks for thinking of me though.)

Thought it was something good. My favorite person called me - me alone, no Hamish or Miss Tansy - into the bathroom. Took my collar off - fine, I'm quieter that way. Took the Fox-cat out of the bathtub. Should have been a sign - if the cat likes this place, the dog won't. Then whoa! I was picked up and put in the bathtub! Got out lickety-split and hunkered down. Did something I shouldn't have, but there was a towel to clean up. Then the other person came and put me in the tub again. My person told me to think of sheep on a warm June day, away, lift, fetch, drive, pen, cool off in the water tank. That got me through it. Even didn't want to get out when the water spray stopped. Got a nice rub-down, shook off, then went out to show off to the pack. My white was white, brown was brown, black was black. Thought I smelled good too. Little Hamish didn't think so, kept following me and growling. Hey, it's not like I was at the clean place with smooth floors and other dogs and people in white coats who poke you. Just had a bath. Now I'm Clean.

Woofs,
Rafe

6 comments:

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

I'm sorry you had to go through that.

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Hey Rafe, bath's are evil. I wish the humans would understand how hard we work to smell the way we like & have stuff suck in our fur.

Licks
Oscar x

The Army of Four said...

Oh, NO! I'm sorry I didn't roo something sooner! Baths are so EVIL! I won't even step paw into the bathroom 'cuz I know that's where they happen. Are you doing OK?
Love,
Amber

Isabella said...

I love baths! The warm water, getting rubbed and massaged, and smelling so yummy afterwards. Glad you were able to relax and enjoy your bath.
Big Wags,
Isabella

Bogart H. Devil said...

Ah yes, it seems that many of us have had to suffer through a bath recently... at least it's over fairly quickly...

Love,
Bogart

JustMeCopper said...

Love your writing tempo.