Monday, February 12, 2007

Hiya, I'm Renzo

Hi everydog. I'm Renzo, first dog of the pack. I trained the kitties first. I played flyball first. I snuggled with the people first. I taught them to give treats first. I took them to obedience class and agility class first. Heck, I taught those doofy people what it means to live with a dog. If it weren't for me, there wouldn't be a Pippin, Tansy, Hamish, Rafe or Kyzer. No sheep for them either. I'm important in this pack.

Even though you haven't heard much from me before, I came before the Border Collies. I'm a polite dog and know that those Border Collies are a pretty pushy crowd, so I let them talk first. But as they say, every dog must have his or her day. Today is mine.

I'm a reluctant leader of the pack. I won't be too sad if one of those young boyz decides to step up and accept some responsibility one of these days. No one gruffs with me or tries to take my stuff. If they ask nicely, I give it to them. They know I'll always be first dog.

I can run like the wind and jump like a spring. I assign all the jobs in the pack. If anydog is sleeping on the bed, it's me. I am the mutt, the most important and special dog of the pack. I like sharing my people with Border Collies.

They have to remember, though, that I was here first.

3 comments:

The Army of Four said...

Ha roo, Renzo! You have a tail like one of US! Maybe you're part Siberian!
You sound like you have a very hard job! Do you get paid more than the others for all the work you do and have done?
Love,
Amber
PS: I would at LEAST ask for extra cookies!

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Hey Renzo, you are a very handsome dog. Sounds like you taught your hoomans well!

Licks
Oscar x

JustMeCopper said...

Hi Renzo. Being first dog must be hard.