Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Flyball Sunday

Hi friends,

Before I had to run off to play tag, I was intending to tell you about flyball (my person tried to do it on Sunday, but the computer ate my post before it got loaded--or so she says). Flyball in the fall goes right along with football (American football that is) and since both fall and football are nearly upon us, it's time to talk about flyball as football.

We are in the "two a day" practice stage on the flyball front, and working hard on the fundamentals. Since my position shift from left side to right side (on the turn that is), I'm having to really work hard to master the swimmer's turn on the right. I did pretty great at practice, as I have for the last two times. Yay me. My goofy brother Hamish also made some important strides and my buddy Renzo continues to refine his box and run-back. Rafe also joined us (and only looked at me once!) but he was just doing something called "socialization". My people said he did pretty good. We are feeling good for our up-coming match mid-September. Renzo will be a starter, but Hamish and I are still working the bench for now. Tansy and Rafe remain spectators to this great sport.

Rather than posting lessons, I thought I'd post a few pictures from the puppy archives (since I was my people's first puppy, you can imagine the breadth and depth of those archives, too); however, blogger is not cooperating at the moment and my person can't find my flickr information, so I'll post from the puppy archives next time

1 comment:

Charlie - The Big Dog said...

Hey Pippin,

Lookin forward to those pics Pippin. I would love to see some flyball video too!

Chuck