Tuesday, August 07, 2007

We are fam.i.ly

Hi pups,

Pippsie here--I've been on a bit of a hiatus. My scribe's had the usual this and that to take care of. Now that the universe is about to be in season--uh, I mean session--again, it's time for her to shift some attention to her lessons...and to what she's going to teach those students. Anyway, that usually means more time at the computer, less time with the tennis ball. Sigh.

Rafey wrote about seeing his family (little Kyzer saw his family there too--it was fun. Or so I heard, I didn't get to go as usual). Got me to thinking about family and how much I love my pack even though only Hamish and me share some genes. But, love makes a family, so I've heard. Now, Hamish doesn't really love Rafe, but I guess that happens in families too.

I've even come around to loving the wicked kitty Fox. Why, just last night, I play-bowed right at him.

The other thing I was thinking about family is about my dogs with blogs family. We were so sad after we heard about dear Oscar leaving us for the Rainbow Bridge and then read about poor Marvin's mom worrying that she didn't visit enough other pup blogs. So, we started feeling a little guilty too. We read lots of blogs but we don't always comment--even when we laugh at everydog's adventures. Then, we heard from Chuck, the bizzle dizzle, that it was one year since our doggie friends convinced my person to keep on bloggin'.

See I'd been blogging for a pretty long time and never got a single comment. So, my person and me decided that maybe we should focus more time on learning flyball than on blogging about it, so we said sayonara. We'd joined Dogs with Blogs a few months before that--I'm dog #59 (who would have guessed there'd be such an exponential rise in dog bloggers to almost 600 now!). And suddenly all these doggies came to the blog and left me a message and I looked at Chuck's page and his Opy had come up with Paw-It-Forward. I was the dog who was going to quit--sad but true.

And suddenly, we had so many friends and we keep getting more. And, that's another way of looking at family.

And that is totally cool....

12 comments:

Charlie - The Big Dog said...

Hey Pippin,

Thats a great photo of you and the gang! Were so glad you decided to stay around :-)

Luv C$

The Army of Four said...

Hi Pippin!
We are SO glad you are still blogging! It just wouldn't be the same without you and your family. (And you're right -- LOVE makes a family!!!)
That is the BEST picture!!! I don't think I've seen one of all six of you! That must have taken a lot of patience and hard work by your people! I hope you got lots of cookies! Hamish has SUCH a nice smile ... he's the only one smiling for the camera!!!
Great post!!! Please give my regards to your flock.
Love,
Amber

Ivy said...

hey hey pippin! i am glad that you kept up the blogging too. me and my peepol luv to read about all our dog friends but we dont always leave comments on them either. there are just too many!

i luv the pickture of your happy family. i sumtimes wish that i had a dog brother or sister but then abby comes over to stay at my house for a while and i am happy to be an only dog again!

you all look like you haf a lot of luv between you.

Peanut said...

That's a neat story. I read more blogs then I comment on to. The human just doesn't have the time to help me. Glad you didn't quit blogging or I would have never got to meet you.

The Airechicks said...

Hey Pippin:

Thanks for keeping to blog going....

GREAT pics.....

JustMeCopper said...

I for one love to read your blog. I especially love the creative way you make your different 'family members' come alive via your writing. You are very imaginative and I like to imagine you are an english professor or something. Lovely group picture by the way.

Shmoo said...

Wow, its been a year?

Time flies when you're having blog.

Glad you stuck around.

Meeshka

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Hi Pippin! Pleased to meet you!

I am glad you decided to stay around too. You have a lovely blog!

love and many licks Marvin xxxxxxxxx in bonnie and sunny Scotland xxxx

Lizzy said...

I'm so glad you're keepin' the blog going. =) I love reading it.

Sparky

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

I love the picture of all of you. I know (from experience) that it's hard to get a picture of 6 at once!

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Aw, what a nice story! I love checking in on you however often you post.

Katy x

Freda said...

Hey Pippins,

Glads you stayed with its, both the flyball AND barkin'. It's soo cooools havin' all these friends out in the big ether to bark to.

My sec, ∆≈, has a hard times tryin' to help me visit all my buddies too. When I can gets him off his lazy butts, he gonna add the DWB News widget to my place. And there's always Twitter.

Keep on barkin'!

Wuufs!

∆(My keyboards batteries just went deads.)ß